Hi guys! Yesterday, on August 15th, I attended the Teen Vogue x Great Mall, back to school shopping event! (For those of you who have never been to the Great Mall, it is an outlet mall in Milpitas, CA owned by Simon Malls and if you are ever in the Bay Area, you will find some amazing deals there if you stop by!) At the event, there were lots of fun things for shoppers to enjoy like hair and beauty stations, flash tattoos, a live DJ, yummy drinks, and of course the endless amounts of pastries! Here is my event recap—I hope you enjoy! :)
Left to right, from top row to bottom row:
1. Me after getting both my hair and makeup done! I tried out the upcoming trends for this fall: a messy braid and smoked out liner :) I love both these looks so much!
2. Getting my makeup done by makeup artist, Megan Mortenson who also has quite the following on IG! Follow her @makeupstraightup <3 She's based in the Bay Area too!
3. Delicious pastries by local Milpitas bakery, Le Reve.
4. My sister, Michelle, at the flash tattoo station getting a pineapple tattoo!
5. Lots of tattoo designs to choose from :) I took home some feather tattoos, an arrow, and some tiny stars!
6. Michelle getting her makeup applied by Angela who is also a Bay Area based makeup artist! You can follow her on IG @glambyangela <3
7. Group photo with the awesome ladies who did our lovely makeup.
8. At the hair station now, as hairstylist, Vanessa, shows me how to achieve the messy side braid.
9. Back view of the side braid! I love how it makes my hair drape so nicely. Vanessa works at Shampoo Dolls salon in San Jose :)
10. My full outfit: black and white and LOTS of lace.
11. Group photo with my boyfriend's sister, Jessica, and my sister!
12. Thank you Great Mall for having us, and especially to Lynne Rice, their Director of Marketing & Business Development, for making our experience so much fun! <3 This gift bag has the most awesome things too, including my first selfie stick, and some things you can never go wrong with, a Dave & Buster's charge card and lots of chocolate!
I hope you guys enjoyed the event recap! Teen Vogue and Simon Malls are having more back to school shopping events throughout August so there's a chance you can still attend one this month! You can check here to see if one will be going on near you!